Natural stone veneer is a certain decorative performance, physical and chemical properties, processing performance, can be processed into a certain size of the building materials rock, it is mainly used for building the interior and exterior surface decoration. At present, the commercial natural stone veneer panels mainly marble, granite and slate. Most of the care stone decorative stone belongs to the sedimentary carbonate rocks and metamorphic rocks such as marble, serpentinized marble, etc., suitable for interior decoration, granite finishes mostly belong to magmatic rocks (granite, gabbro Such as gneiss and rock) and metamorphic silicate minerals (such as gneiss, mixed rock, etc.), suitable for indoor and outdoor decoration, slate is the geological slate, carbonaceous plate Rock, calcareous slate, etc., mainly used for exterior decoration and roof slab.
The advantages of natural stone veneer panels over manufactured stone are:
· Durability (real stone will not fade or crack over time. It lasts for centuries)
· Aesthetics, its look is generally viewed as superior to the man-made painted cultured stone product. Characteristics which identify natural stone such as the texture, moss or lichen growing on the rock, unique shapes, etc. cannot be matched with manufactured stone.
· Its semi-light weight eliminates the need for wall ties or footings and make it easier and cheaper to build.
As a decorative stone, natural stone veneer panels achieve the purpose of decoration not only from the color, pattern, etc., but also from the effect of stone finishes to achieve the purpose of decoration, the stone veneer panels can be divided into the following ten aspects:
1, polished surface: With abrasive flat plate rough grinding, fine grinding, fine grinding, and to be polished powder, agent to be polished processing finishes. The surface is bright as a mirror, colorful, with few and very small pores.
2, matt surface: the abrasive plate will be coarse grinding, fine grinding processing, the finish of the luminosity and color are lower than the polished surface. This surface is smoother and more porous. This texture finishes are usually used in public places. The color of the surface is less than the polished surface.
3, polished surface: the abrasive plate will be coarse grinding process, the decorative surface of the luminosity and color are lower than matt surface. This surface is smoother
and more porous. This texture finishes are also commonly used in public places. The color of its surface than matt light.
4, cutting surface: directly processed with a saw, the surface matte, the surface color lighter, was saw marks. Mainly used for some require a rough surface decoration finishes.
5, flamed surface: a mixture of acetylene and oxygen spray stone plate surface, the surface layer burst, so that the surface has a rugged finish. Its surface color lighter, porous, water absorption.
6, litchi surface: the use of steel hammering smash the surface of the stone surface texture of the decorative or striped texture finishes. Its texture density and roughness can choose. Lighter surface color, large pores, water absorption higher than the firing surface.
7, ax chop surface: chop chop stone surface struck with stripe-shaped finishes. Its texture density and roughness can choose. Lighter surface color, large pores, water absorption is very large.
8, sandblasting surface: the use of high-pressure sand and water impact on the rough surface of the stone surface, lighter color, uniform texture, but larger pores, high water absorption.
9, mushroom noodles: the use of steel chisel or chisel hammer smashed stone surface obtained mushroom surface, the texture is very rough, the surface color is dim, large pores, water absorption is also large.
10, wedge surface: slab In the artificial or mechanical wedge processing technology, the slab received a natural slightly rough textured finishes. Its face darker colors, small pores, water absorption.
Purchase and maintenance of natural stone veneer panels:
Take 60 cm × 60 cm as an example:
1. Stone plate thickness to be uniform, not thinner than 1.5 cm, four corners to be enough, it must be a right angle, trimming should be neat, there should be no obvious mechanical pattern or explosive edge.
2. Brightness is better, the surface did not Ma, brightness at least 80 degrees.
3. Surface pattern, uniform pattern, no obvious variegated, the color difference should be basically the same.
4. The internal structure can not be closely cracked.
Maintenance and care of natural stone veneer panels:
1. Always wipe, keep the surface clean, and regular waxing and polishing, the stone surface is always a new look.
2. As far as possible to avoid acid, alkali and other chemicals in direct contact with the surface, causing chemical reactions, resulting in color differences.
3. Try to avoid the shoes palm nails directly, often rubbing the ground.